Friday 15 February 2013

Why don't children listen - Toilet brush

I have started to learn that when you tell a child not to do something that just encourages them to do it.  Judging from the feedback from my parents I wasn't too dissimilar.

So when Thomas touched the toilet brush while I was giving Lucas a bath I immediately told him to put it down.  It shocked him a bit so he let go.  However then he decided to pick it back up and was very interested in it and the brush in particular and started stroking it.

I told him to put it back and between bathing Lucas and juggling with the toilet brush I managed to get it back in the pot.

Then I had to explain to Thomas that he had to stand washing his hands until Daddy could come and help him so I could get back to Lucas.

This situation was stressful at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment